What is the Eco-Committee?
At Brookland Junior School, we feel that it is an important role to encourage our children and the wider school community to look after the environment around us. The children, who are part of the Eco-Committee, work together to decide on initiatives which will monitor, improve and develop the school's commitment to being eco-friendly.
Our aim and vision
Our vision includes a whole school approach to create a sustainable action plan.
We aim to enhance awareness and involvement in all aspects of sustainability.
The role of the Eco-Committee
The Eco-Committee is tasked to:
* Ensure that the whole school is aware that we are trying to improve our school environment;
* Ensure that all stake-holders, in school, are doing everything they can to reduce our impact on the environment;
* Ensure that everyone in the school community is represented in the decision-making process (as far as possible);
* Provide a link between pupils, teachers, governors and the whole school community;
* Take the lead in developing the Eco-Schools Action Plan.