Your task today is to write a powerful speech about the environment.
Choose an aspect of the environment you would like to write about, for example:
- Climate Change
- Habitat destruction
Research facts about the topic.
Success Criteria (features to include):
- First person
- Introduce your topic in the opening paragraph and state your reason for writing.
- Ask rhetorical questions to grab your reader’s attention.
- Start a new paragraph for each point made.
- Support each point with facts, quotes or statistics.
- Use emotive language and personal opinion throughout.
- Metaphors or similes
- Repetition of your main points will ensure your message is understood.
- Your conclusion should summarise your main points and leave your audience with final thought to consider.