Try and follow the steps below to help you solve the problems given.
1) As with any maths problem you ALWAYS need to carefully READ what the problem is asking/ telling you. Read it aloud if you can.
2) UNDERSTAND which area of maths the problem is related to and which OPERATIONS you may need to use (if any).
- First I will need to... Then I will...
3) Realise what you ALREADY KNOW about the problem (the problem itself will often give you all the information you need to solve it).
- I know that... so I also know that...
4) CONTINUE solving the problem- BREAK IT DOWN into smaller steps if you need to. Build it/ draw it/ say it
5) CHECK your solution- work backwards using inverse operations (if appropriate).