PE is currently led by Mrs M Green at Brookland Junior School.
Physical Education Aims
At Brookland Junior School, we provide a program to develop a child’s skills, deepen their understanding and give a purpose to their learning.
We aim to:
- Promote a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle
- Develop self-motivation, a positive attitude and interest in a wide range of physical activities.
- To aid a child’s physical development through targeting: strength, fitness, speed, gross and fine motor skills.
- To contribute to their intellectual development through the teaching of key vocabulary, using resources and discussing how they can develop their skills.
- Enhance the child's self-esteem and confidence.
- To develop social skills when co-operating in groups, playing fairly to rules and mixing with children from other schools.
- Provide children the opportunity to demonstrate their sporting ability in both non-competitive and competitive environments.
- Provide children with a range of sporting sessions that target a range of different groups and skills.
- To develop a sense of fair play and sportsmanship.
- To foster an enjoyment and positive attitude to Physical education within school.
Please can you ensure your child has their PE kit in school for PE lessons:
- Dark blue or black shorts/skorts (these can be cycling shorts for girls)
- White T Shirt
- Dark blue or black leggings/ joggers for winter months
- Appropriate jumper for winter months.
Earrings must be covered or removed for PE sessions along with watches.
Hertfordshire Cricket and Chance to Shine Cricket Sessions
For the summer term, all year groups are taking part in cricket sessions through Hertfordshire Cricket and Chance to Shine. We have a Cricket Coach coming into school every Tuesday and Wednesday running cricket sessions with each class. Children are less familiar with this sport so it gives children a brilliant opportunity to learn a new sport, especially with the Cricket World Cup coming up this year.
Please see the links below in respect of Hertfordshire Cricket, ECB All Stars, Chance to Shine, as well as the local clubs offering All Stars Cricket if this is something your child is interested in out of school.
Badminton Sessions for Year 3
We were very lucky to have a Badminton coach in recently from Badminton England, working with 22 children from our Year 3 classes. These children participated in 5 weeks of badminton sessions earning a certificate: The Racket Pack, TINK Stage 3 .
All of the children thoroughly enjoyed these sessions and their racket skills came on so much in a very short space of time. A great achievement.
If your children are interested in badminton here are some of the local badminton clubs in the A10/Broxbourne area. Leaflets are available from the school office with details.
- All Saints Junior Badminton
- Wizard Badminton
-Hertford Junior Badminton