School Uniform and PE Uniform
As a school we believe our smart uniform promotes unity and gives a sense of identity. Our uniform encourages a neat and tidy appearance which enables our pupils to feel good about themselves and take pride in their school.
- Royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan/fleece (with school logo)
- Light blue polo shirt (school logo optional)
- Dark grey trousers, shorts
- Dark grey skirt, or pinafore dress
- Blue and white striped or checked dress for summer
- Sensible all black shoes, suitable for school with no colourful soles, brand logos or coloured laces
- Sensible coat for daily school use and time of year - no fur, no leather
Just as we expect children to dress appropriately for school, we also expect them to adopt a suitable, age appropriate hairstyle. We actively discourage extreme hairstyles. We consider extreme to be, hair colouring, dying and logos/patterns shaven into the hair. Make up and tattoo/transfers are also not allowed.
Long hair should be tied back and headbands and clips should be simple and coloured blue to match the uniform. No other elaborate hair accessories should be worn, e.g. jojo bows.
All parents are asked to please make sure that uniform guidelines are followed and that children attend school wearing school uniform each day. The uniform is intended to be smart, practical and economical.
- A pair of plain black/navy blue shorts/skorts
- White T-shirt
- Plain black/navy blue tracksuit bottoms or leggings
- School jumper/cardigan or plain black/navy blue jumper
- Trainers – either plain black, navy or white – no bright colours
All PE clothing should ideally be plain, but a very small logo is acceptable.
Due to health and safety regulations, we do not allow jewellery to be worn in school, except for watches and plain ear studs. These must be removed for PE lessons or covered with micropore tape. Micropore tape is available from pharmacies and it is parents’ responsibility to ensure that their child has this in school if needed.
Please name ALL uniform - we DO NOT hold 'lost property'. Any lost un-named items of clothing are donated to charity.
It is possible to purchase uniform, with the school logo through Marks and Spencer.
Log on to: mandsyourschooluniform.com and select Brookland Junior School from the list. 10% of all embroidered uniform sales will be donated to our school. Uniform can also be purchased from Hawkins at the Old Pond in Cheshunt and Pennys in Turners Hill in Cheshunt.
Please also provide an old shirt or T-shirt for art activities.